cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Are BT/Openreach going to work outside my house?

We just had 2 guys come to the house and they waffled on about the Pole ( DP 672 on Solihull exchange ) outside our house that supplies us and neighbours with both Fibre and Landlines.

Is there anyone I can contact to see what's happening? The both had lanyards on with the BT logo. We've had trouble in the past with CityFibre telling porkies and blocking drive access so didn't know if it was them.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Are BT/Openreach going to work outside my house?

Hi @meadfoot   That sounds very doggy, as BT Engineers do not work on the outside infrastructure. It is only Openreach or their subcontractors that work on the Openreach network. If they had BT Logos then something is clearly wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

BT Engineers from BT Technology, formally BT TSO do climb Telephone Poles for some of the Types of Service they offer.

Also it’s not the Openreach Network, the BT Network is divided into two parts, Backhaul, or Core Network and the Access Network.

Openreach maintain the Access Network but they certainly don’t own it, BT retained ownership of it when Openreach were made into a Ltd Company.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Try this - lists planned works:

https://bidb.uk/