cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Area fibre survey

Hi. The last week or so there has been people out around our area (Kn Circnet). These are a sub contractor that openreach use here in Northern Ireland to install their fibre networks. On a number of poles, writing has been sprayed onto the poles that have a drop wire fed from them. For instance 3C2,3D2 and so on. 

We live down a road, which is fed from a “main” cable off the main road. The pole which feeds our road has recently been sprayed with a 3, so I think this corresponds to the 3 in 3C2 etc. I think the letter is just sequential, but I was wondering what the final number equates too?

The reason I ask is because the pole our house is fed from has 2 overhead drop wires, plus our underground wire, But is marked up as 3D2. I’m concerned that our underground line, which wasn’t installed in ducting by bt, hasn’t been spotted, and we will be missed off. Can anyone decipher what the writing on the poles equate too please?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Area fibre survey

Hven't a clue what the writing refers to but how do you expect Openreach to get fibre to your home if there's no duct. It looks like overhead will be the only option.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I’ve no objections to BT installing overhead cables to get the fibre up the short lane/drive to my house. The fact that there is no duct is entirely BTs fault, as when the line was installed around 10 years ago, the openreach engineer wouldn’t lay ducting as it was an “armoured cable” he was using, much to my queries. I’ve also no objections if they want to lay the cable in a trench (lane/drive is just a dirt track. I’m just worried that I’m going to get overlooked, hence my question about the post markings.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

BT won't install anything, it will be Openreach.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for that. But I guess if we want to be “really smug and pedantic”, it won’t be openreach who install it either, it will be KN Circet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I’d hazard a guess only KN Circet will know what the marking means because when an Openreach Clerk of Works Survey PON’s they don’t use those Markings/Abbreviations. 

I can only hazard a guess they’ll refer to Work Points that are put on the Survey and or Job Pack for the Build Team.

Message 7 of 7

@Starwire  Yep, I thought it would possibly be something unique to KN. I just wondered if anyone else had any experience of it. When you hear some of the stories of people missing out on a fibre connection, and you have a connection as poor as mine currently, you cling to the hope that you’ve not been missed! Thanks for the reply.

0 Ratings