cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT FFTP fault since last June 2021 - Finally fixed June 2022 ? The Unbreakable sorry saga😥

Go to solution

Our contract was renewed in April 2021 and FFTP was the only option offered. All was well until June 2021 when we started experiencing dropouts, loss of connection, zoom disconnect, etc. 😣 BT call center test revealed nothing wrong. Intermittent faults are never found by the way.  This continued until July when a BT engineer was finally sent. He diagnosed a faulty hub which he replaced 🙂. The intermittent problems continued☹. Over the next 4 months, two more engineers were sent. One  (a subbie from Kelly Communication) said it's just the crappy BT hubs being set up wrong ( his words not mine ) He spent 3 mins complaining about BT and resetting the box to Mode 2. Still not fixing the fault. Engineer 3 was much more diligent and found the hub ( our third by the way ) was faulty. It was replaced again and within the hour of him leaving the faults contained. 

In desperation, I demanded an Open Reach Engineer be sent to rip out the line and start again. 

The engineer arrived promptly two days ago and asked why no one had bothered to replace the old ONT ( the little white box on the wall ) first. He said it was the most obvious thing to do and should have been done last July 2021. 

So far so good. But too soon to call it fixed. We've been here before.  🤔🤔

So the next question is compensation for a less than Unbreakable service that's been broken since last June 2021

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT FFTP fault since last June 2021 - Finally fixed June 2022 ? The Unbreakable sorry saga😥

Go to solution

See link re compensation. 

Automatic Compensation | BT Help

You may be able to claim more but there is no guarantee you will be successful. Please keep this thread updated with how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT FFTP fault since last June 2021 - Finally fixed June 2022 ? The Unbreakable sorry saga😥

Go to solution

Following on from my post. It appears that ( still with the odd dropout ) that our internet is as fixed as it can be. 

My advice is once you've established the BT engineers can't do more than simply replace the hubs, demand an Open Reach engineer to rip out the fibre and start again. Not a subcontractor like Kelly Comms. who are paid by the job. The engineers are at the sharp end of the problem so don't unload on them!  Remember you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

As for compensation. I had a pleasant chat with a customer service rep who was very understanding. He had incomplete notes of course ( BT delete case notes so keep your own!! ) but accepted the fault was not handled well. We eventually settled on a 25% credit for the past 13 months of poor service. 

Stay calm but be polite and resolute. Hope this helps

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Well after a promising start and lots of help from customer services, were back to square one (sigh)

After 14 days of problem-free internet service today, the same old problems re emerged i.e.

line drops, there's a problem with your router message, fail to connect error messages, hanging websites et al.

I'm on the verge of giving BT the push. It's been over a year of problems with this 'Unbreakable Service' and still no further forward.

Sadly

Paul Ranson

0 Ratings