cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Fibre Install - Junction Box

Go to solution

Hi - have recently had fibre installed by OpenReach up to the outside of my house ready for the BT engineers to activate in a couple of weeks time. I thought that the cable would be installed into a junction box on the outside of my house but instead where it comes out of the ground it has just been rolled up. My neighbour had theirs installed a couple of days after and their fibre does terminate into a junction box on the outside of the house - do I need to speak to someone?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Fibre Install - Junction Box

Go to solution

If you are a two stage install, the first stage is to get the fibre cable to your house wall , the second stage is to finish the installation, authentication and hopefully leave the customer in service.
The ‘junction box’ you refer to is probably the CSP , it’s where the external and internal fibre cables are spliced together inside the CSP .
Depending on the circumstances some ‘pro active ‘ first stage techs may fit the CSP introduce the external cable into it , others first stage techs may not , all the first option does is slightly reduce the amount of work the second stage tech will need to do  , (  fitting the CSP , stripping the jacket off the external cable , leaving the fibre coiled inside, ) it probably saves the second stage tech 15-30 minutes work ,

Its not really an issue , although the second stage tech would obviously prefer the CSP to be already fitted.