cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Fibre Install cancelled for the second time!!!

Go to solution

What is going on with BT? Why has my father's installation of BT Fibre been cancelled for the second time?  I wouldn't mind but he already has Fibre with SKY, it's not like it needs a new line or anything, just transferring over. He had already rung Sky and told them he wanted to cancel and was given a date, then we had to ring again and extend the date, and now it looks like we are going to have to do it again - if they will let us that is. None of this makes any sense.  What is going on??????

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Fibre Install cancelled for the second time!!!

Go to solution

are you switching from SKY FTTC to BT FTTC?

the problem has been caused by your father advising SKY that he is terminating his contract instead of the correct seamless way to transfer is just to start new contract with new provider and they notify SKY that they r=are taking over the line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Okay, thank you. The only reason he did that was that he was still tied into a contract with them but wanted to move because of the April price rises. He got an email saying he could for no cost and if he want to do that he had to let them know within 30 days which he did. So he's basically stuck until the Sky contract ends on the date they gave??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

yes    BT can't do anything until the date your father gave  to SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Right I understand. Thank you for your help. I will have to try and work out what to do otherwise he's going to be without broadband for who knows how long. Cheers for letting me know what was going wrong though. 

0 Ratings