cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Guaranteed Speed Really Low?

Hi,

Currently with Plusnet. I get around 34Mbps down and 4Mbps up.

BT's website is quoting

Broadband
5Mb - 11Mb
Download speed range
Estimated Stay Fast Guarantee 1Mb

Upload speed range 1Mb

I wanted to swap to BT and take advantage of complete WIFI, but the online assistant said that I am likely to get the quoted estimates.

My question is: is this likely to be correct as its like a 30X downgrade.

Thanks for any help

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Guaranteed Speed Really Low?

From your post it looks like you are on FTTC and BT are quoting ADSL speeds hence big difference. This is often due to the cabinet being full with waiting list so you cannot get FTTC like you currently have.

Enter your phone number and see.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yes, currently on FTTC.

On the link posted it didn't indicate a waiting list. "Status: Available" Am I best of just staying with Plusnet?

Thanks for the reply

Edit: I realise Plusnet is a sister company of BT, but the discrepancy worries me if jumping to BT, as Sky/TT all quote values around my current rate

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

It may be from memory that if you have a current connection the checker shows as available so could you try your address please and see if you get same result.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings