cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Halo 3+ Internet access

Go to solution

BT installed Halo 3+ three weeks ago. Before the installation, everything was working fine over my copper drop wire. At first everything looked good. A line speed test on my iPad gave a 500Mbit/sec download speed and it was all working well with my BT TV box, including using TV streaming apps. But I noticed problems with my internet access - when I use Google Maps, I get my local page but as I move elsewhere, the screen does not fill, but sometimes if I leave it for 15 mins, the map appears. Sometimes the Google Home page fails to appear, or if I do a search, I either get no result or a page of results but then nothing when I click on a page I want. 

In desperation, I pulled out the plug from the back of the router and allowed the Hybrid connection to EE kick in. Guess what - everything works!

I've had various ridiculous comments from telephone help desks querying the number of devices I have online, which ignore the fact that it was all working perfectly before the installation and that I have increased the speed by a factor of 20.

I've already had 2 engineer visits and another one is scheduled, but no one seems to have a clue as to what is going wrong here. 

Am I the only person suffering from this issue?

TerryW

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Halo 3+ Internet access

Go to solution
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for this pippincp. Funnily enough, I'm on Grove Park change too! It is all rather sad that the engineers who visit don't seem to be aware of what is going on in their area and try to offload the problem onto us users saying all their tests are fine - it must be something wrong with the customer's set up because no one else has the problem. Actually, in fairness to the first engineer who came, he did say at one point that he had been to lots of similar calls in the are over the last few days. I didn't really follow this through at the time and it took me a while to get onto the BT Community. I have another engineer coming this morning so I'll be able to show him all these posts. Wonder what he'll say. Regards TerryW
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Guibalman welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your broadband and I appreciate the inconvenience this is causing. We've raised a case with Openreach regarding issues in your exchange area and I'd like to add your details as further evidence of the issue. I'll send you a private message so you can send us your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Guibalman, some of the users on the other thread are reporting that the fault is fixed. 
Would you check and post back to let us know if you're still experiencing this issue or if all is working ok now?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2

Yes, it all seems to be working now. I received a text from BT yesterday afternoon finally admitting to the problem (which I had been experiencing for 3 weeks), and then another text later on in the evening to say that it had been fixed - which indeed turned out to be the case.  Overall a pretty poor example of customer service. 

TerryW

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Guibalman, thanks for checking and posting back to confirm it has been fixed and I'm sorry for the poor experience you've had.

John

0 Ratings