cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT HomeHub 2 Broadband and Phone Failure

We are seeing our BT Homehub 2 failing which also takes out the phone line. This is the information log from the Hub but I cannot find a key that will allow me to understand it! I therefore do not know if the reason for the hub failure is identified on this list.  Does this list indicate if the issue is the hub or the connection out of the house? The issue is fixed by turning the hub off and then on again. Can anyone help please? Thanks for any help.

Screenshot - 2023-06-08 , 09_35_27.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT HomeHub 2 Broadband and Phone Failure

Unless you have Digital Voice, a hub failure won't affect your phone.

I very much doubt it is a problem with the hub, and is a line fault.

You had a line disconnection 3 days ago.

Report a line fault to customer services
0330 1234 150

Message 3 of 6

from your stats the disconnections do not appear to have affected your connection speed which still looks ok with noise margin about normal 6db.  switching the hub off and on often will have bad effect on your connection speed with noise margin increasing and speed reducing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you.

Is there a post anywhere that lists what each line of the status means with nominal range of values for bad and good ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It doesn't work like that. Each connection is unique and hence the figures are unique. An understanding of what the figures are is needed to interpret them.

As a rule of thumb, the data rate and max data rate should be approximately the same and the noise margin no higher than 6.x dB on a good connection.

0 Ratings