cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Openreach / BT incomplete installation

This is how Openreach and BT installation engineers left my garden after installing fibre on 15 May.  Cable under lawn to path, then left with stones to hold it down, paving slabs left off and not in a trunking or attached to wall.   Is this needed and any protection on the cable when buried?

I called BT several times and was advised to contact Openreach, and when I did they said contact BT to arrange repair.   Any ideas how to get this resolved?

BT2low.jpg

BT1low.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach / BT incomplete installation

That is dreadful, I suspect it was a contractor job rather than Openreach themselves.

You need to be insistent with BT that they get Openreach back to complete the job properly, it is not up to you to contact Openreach directly.

Post back if you can't get any sense out of customer services.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Jarvis11 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry your garden was left in such a state. I'd have to agreee that this is a terrible 'job'. I'll be happy to get this lookeed into for you. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

Message 4 of 7

thanks, full response sent to you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @Jarvis11 ,

We're a little busy at present but leave it with us and we'll get to you soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

After I posted to this forum, I also emailed BT and Openreach senior managers on 6 June.  On 7 June got email response and call from each organisation, later on 7 June Openreach came out and did partial fix, then came again 8 June to finish as per below.  Great response, but shouldn't have needed to do that given both organisations have customer service teams that we the customers pay for.  

BTafter2.jpgBTafter1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Great you got a proper installation, but please delete the email addresses it breaches forum rules.

0 Ratings