cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT and EE

I'm receiving a lot of promotional material from BT about their new "coming together" with EE.  From this I infer that at some point I will be obliged to move to EE for my home broadband and phone, but the material they send me is long on hype and short on detail.  I have a BT Smart hub with Digital Voice and full fibre to the premises.  I have a number of questions about what will be on offer from EE, and I'd be glad if anyone can answer them.

• Will I be able to keep my home phone and number?
  • Will I need a new hub/router?
  • If so, will I be able to plug my phones into the back of the EE hub/router as I can with BT's smart hub?
  • Will I still be able to use the Digital Voice advanced home phone with EE's hub/router?
  • What will happen to my BT Halo protection?  Is there an EE equivalent?

All I can see from the promotional material is a lot about gaming and home security devices, neither of which I have much interest in.  Landlines are barely mentioned in it. I can't see anything in this for me.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT and EE

You should be able to keep your home phone and number. EE offer a VOIP service

EE should send out their smart hub plus if you sign up with them.

According to EEs website the Smart Hub plus has a phone socket on the back so you'd be able to plug your phone in.

I'm not certain on this but I'd expect it would connect still it looks like EE sell a phone that looks exactly like it just with EE branding.

EE offer a Halo like package it's just called Full Works I'd assume if you needed the protection you'd have to move to one of those packages 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Verkosh, I hoped that there would be this equivalence.  I shall wait until my current contract expires, as I have just taken out a new one.  I would be interested to have a link to the Smart Hub Plus on EE's website if you can post one - I can't find it by searching.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

No problem. Glad I could help with your questions 

If you want to switch early it's my understanding that there's no termination charge on the BT contract but you start a new 24 month contract with EE 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@DavidSC I'd wait if I were you.. I attempted to move at the end of October and now both my BT and EE accounts are trashed.

Both companies are sending me messages asking for their equipment back (BT kit has already been sent when EE kit arrived). Service is still running, I assume from BT, my Digital Voice is gone and no-one is able to fix a thing!

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you, Moose_UK. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having, and I hope you get them resolved.  I am not one to be an early adopter, so I shall wait until what we must hope are teething problems are sorted out.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Moose_UK 

Hopefully one of the mod team here can look into the issues and get them resolved.

The BT and EE systems don't seem to be talking to each other properly 

0 Ratings