cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT blocking access to IP address

I work for a small web hosting company and have come across a funky issue that only impacts BT broadband customers.

For some unknown reason the following IP address is unroutable from the BT end:

All other IPs in the /29 work fine with BT (185.17.24.91 for example).

I have seen this issue with 3 different BT internet customers but it would be helpful if any other BT users could just to a quick ping or MTR in that problem IP for me just to confirm it is widespread within the BT network.

Second question is does anyone know of anyway to contact the BT NOC team or anyone on here that could look at the issue? I've been on the phone to various departments all morning but am unable to get past the first line of defence!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT blocking access to IP address

Not reachable from my BT account with Google DNS but can ping OK from my neighbour's Sky connection.

So looks like you're right in that it's a BT specific issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Not reachable for me also

I've notified the mods, they might be able to help.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks guys, nice to know I'm not going crazy. Hopefully a mod can flag it for someone in the NOC.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Just to add - if you use the BT looking glass you can ping the IP fine:

http://lg.bt.net/cgi-bin/moreinfo

Yet something is blocking broadband customers accessing it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Just an update that over the weekend I have tried to get in touch with someone from the BT Wholesale NOC, the BT Safer Browsing team and BT global but still to hear anything back from anyone and the issue persists.

I don't like to be beaten by issues but may have to resort to ditching the problem IP and switching it to a new one but it's very frustrating not being able to get in touch directly with anyone from the BT NOC.

0 Ratings