cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT fault fix time has passed

Anyone knows how can I get a (non-bot) update ? Engineer came on Friday, identified "multiple faults" somewhere in the area, and the estimated fix time keeps passing.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT fault fix time has passed

We are all customers ourselves on here apart from a couple mods so we dont have any extra access to updates im afraid.

Assuming you have a tech fault raised with BT over the phone you'll have to keep chasing via that route or escalating into a complaint can sometimes yield more updates, but they are often no more helpful.

If it is Openreach who are tasked to solve some issue everyone will be at their mercy, you and your ISP, various aims to fix by a certain time could pass if there are other variables, I got hit with the christmas period, staff shortage etc etc, whilst Openreach gave the ISP the typical time it takes to solve my fault, the time passed because, well it was christmas. That being one literally example, there could be technical challenges.

Whats the fault, do you know, do you have no service? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for the reply. The fault is broadband-related (no signal at all) and it is Openreach. The engineer said there is a fault in the area and they are supposedly fixing it. I will lodge a complain, this seems the best way forward at this point since I can't get anyone on the phone. I need an update as it affects my work and I need to figure out alternatives. Thanks again for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Really sorry to hear that, the reality is as a residential customer we just get our 5 pound a day compensation and thats the best we can hope for.

Is this Fibre or Copper broadband?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings