cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT full Fibre

I have BT full fibre installed so can I remove the old BT phone socket and the old wiring?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT full Fibre

Hello 👋🏿 

if you have full fibre with the ONT installed and you ain’t the the PSTN landline then the old copper line and master socket is no longer required.

I would recommend getting a professional to remove but yes this should of been done on the install.

only time it’s kept is if you still the the PSTN landline.

most FTTP customers have Digital Voice Home Phone.

It’s important you know if it’s in use or not before removing but it will have no bearing on your broadband service.

hope this helps 😊

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The master socket and external wiring belongs to Openreach and whilst unlikely they will object, you need to be aware of that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

That’s not really applicable QUBE GB Home Tech Experts replace them and remove them all the time, not including the council, plus you can purchase from my any hardware store.

it’s more if it’s service effecting or not.

plus they are being removed from the network in favour of the Optical Network Terminal (ONT).

side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

My post is accurate. Please do not keep posting misleading information.

Message 6 of 6

Sorry you feel like that, none of my information I post or ever post on any platform is misleading, Yes you would be correct in saying that the socket belongs to Openreach, it’s extremely unlikely they’ll come and remove it.

That’s why I asked if it’s service effecting as if they have PSTN they they need it to remain, not all FTTP customers have Digital Voice the mass migration has restarted so we’ll see less PSTN lines with FF BB.

0 Ratings