cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT have reduced my download speeds without informing me & still charging the same amount!

The last day or two yes because I bought some new whole home discs and that. Otherwise I haven’t no. Especially not in the last few months. Connection was always very stable so I’m unsure why we’ve been banded or how to remove the band. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Re: BT have reduced my download speeds without informing me & still charging the same amount!

Noise margin:6.1 / 6.3
Line attenuation:8.5 / 18.0
Signal attenuation:8.5 / 19.7
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Are you on an ECI cab or an Huawei? We can't tell as you've removed the exchange and cab number from the checker result (and yes, it does make a difference).

Also you've posted the status page which gives limited info. Go to Advanced settings/information/technical log.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

I am on a Huawei I remember from looking previously. Post code is IP27 if you want to check. Additionally, I will post the other pages shortly just annoying having to compress etc, I will post in a few minutes thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Here you go. Thankyou for your help.

8C4FEB6D-D179-4BC4-9C0F-F58DF877B65B.jpeg

08A75534-5BA9-48B1-8D0E-C4E7A83F02EA.jpeg

1174585D-FA14-41AA-93E2-CD196811BF9F.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

If you are on an Huawei cab then your noise margin is not what I would expect it to be. If ECI then yes.

I've well over 100 images uploaded here, never once have I had to optimise them. They have always been crisp and clear and easily readable.

Then again I don't use Apple products.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Yeah I know, Apple is **bleep** for things like this. Can you read them? If not let me know and tomorrow when I’m home I’ll send you the information from my computer. Thankyou. Also does the noise margin seem alarming? I think I need an openreach engineer out to have a look at the issue tbh. I’m not sure though.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Your uptime is only 2 1/2 hrs, is that a reset by you? If not it would appear DLM has taken action as your line is unstable.

If you have a copper connection and not digital voice try a quiet line test 17070 option 2, best with corded phone but you may get a dull background hum via cordless. Any noise trport a noisey line, not a broadband issue, once the line is sorted your broadband should return to the higher speeds incrementally over a couple of weeks as DLM sees the problem resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Spoiler
I did not reset the hub within the last few hours at all. We have digital voice I’m afraid so I cannot perform a line test via the phone. 
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

We have FTTC however the line to our house is copper. We are apparently getting FTTP within next few months however, no sign of it yet and if connection is unstable now I’d rather it was resolved before we get the full FTTP.
0 Ratings