cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT terminated my business broadband and telephone without notice

Go to solution

We moved premises and went from an analogue exchange to a digital system. I was told that all my services would be transferred and our phone number would be ported to the cloud.

Unfortunately what they neglected to mention was that our international calling package would be lost as there are non for VoIP. So our fist bill was very large and obviousely I called in and asked what was going on. It was then tjat it came to light that issue existed. 

I worked with a representative who tried her best to sort out the issue. Unfortunately BT could not provide the business with an alternative package that would work without substantial cost.

So it was agreed that we would go forward from Jan this year without a calling package and have to sort out something on our own. The representative said she would clear the December bill as a token of good will.

Jan came and I paid my bill as I did in Feb and April. That is when I recived a call from the late payments team telling me  owed over £200.00 for late payments. They explained that I had not paid my December bill and so I had not paid at all. 

I explained about what the representative had said and done. The billing lady who is offshore told me that she would have to escalate the issue to her manager who would call me. 

The manager called back and told me I had not paid my bill. So we went through the whole issue again. He did finally admit that I had paid my bill each month but they had applied it to the late payment charges.

I asked him to listen to the recording between the representative and myself regarding the removal of the December charges  Again He admitted that they had removed some but not all charges  and he could bot listen to the tape but would escalate the issue to his manager who could listen to the tape and they would call me back. This was in late May early June.

On the 19th June we found that we had no Internet or phone service  SobI contacted BT to report an issue who then informed me that my services had been terminated. 

I asked when they had informed me that this termination was goingbto take place and they said I was sent an email an 18th June 2024 at 10.36pm explains that my services would be terminated at midnight that day.

I asked why they had been terminated, to which I was informed that I had not paid my bill. When I mentioned that I had an open complaint about this issue Ibwas informed that it should never have happened. 

I was promised that someone would call me. No one did so I called agai  and again.  Each time promising that someone would call me from the management team. I was informed on one occasion that they would call back within 4 days another time 10 days and several within 24 hours. 

I sit her 3 weeks later having recived no calls or explanations of any kind. My business is going down the drain bas no one can work and no one can call us. 

I know about hotspotting etc but our computers are part of a network connected to servers etc  so will not work that way because of security issues.

Has anyone any idea how to get BT to respond?

So sorry for the long post I am at the end of my teather.  Our staff have been all sent home and can not work from home as they can not access our servers to work.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT terminated my business broadband and telephone without notice

Go to solution

@360purevision 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings