cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT to install new FTTP on 17th but no fibre

So engineer to call between 0800 - 1300 on 17th to fit the ONT.

But when I look out of the back window I can see the new pole (bottom of garden) but no fibre.

There are 2 cables (stringers/carriers) going off into the distance to meet another pole. There is a CBT on new pole but nothing else.

It has got to come together somehow, but having 1 engineer to pull it all together without having a survey asks a bit much.

David

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT to install new FTTP on 17th but no fibre

If there is a CBT on the new pole , and cables going off to another ( presumably pre existing) pole what makes you concerned that the CBT on the new pole isn’t ‘live’ and ready to provide service ?, the cables going off to another pole will be the cables connecting the CBT into the PON (network)  

Unless  I’ve  misunderstood your comment , and the CBT on the new pole isn’t connected to other poles then it seems that there is no reason to be concerned about service being provided on the due date, obviously the installation will include putting up a dropwire ( optical ) from the new pole to your property, but that’s pretty standard job for an installer , if there were access problems and a hoist ( for example ) were needed that should be known and arranged for the appointment date, as far as not being surveyed, if this new pole with the CBT was recently provided, it’s because there was a survey , and it was deemed necessary to provide it 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@DavidCo 

To avoid confusion, its Openreach not BT that do the work. There was an issue on another thread, by a Talk Talk customer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hurt my brain a bit that.

The new Pole at the bottom of the Garden has no Fibre but there’s a CBT on the new Pole?

I assume what you’re saying is the CBT is on the Pole down the road and then you have a Carrier Pole at the back of your house.

Thats 1 Span and the Drop to the house. Job that easy wouldn’t need a Pre Visit Survey or Step 1.

Wish all my jobs used to be that easy.

Try 3 spans, which cross a main road, down the Pole, under another road through duct, up a Pole with another span and then the Drop to the house. Then the fun part started as I had a 40m Lead In round a 400 year old converted Barn made of Sandstone Brick.

0 Ratings