cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Down

My BT Broadband has been down since Wednesday 19th October and I have been fed nothing but lies from a number of BT advisors. There is an MSO on the area but no one can get me a reason one why there’s an outage. I m one of many others in the estate experiencing the same issue.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Down

are you part of Homeleaze estate?  if so other posts on forum already

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

No, I’m in Swindon, Tadpole Garden Village.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Homeleaze is Swindon area as well

unfortunately openreach were on strike on 20/10 and are also on strike today probably why taking longer than expected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I appreciate Openreach are on strike however it does not help when you receive communication saying that services has been repaired and restored when they are not. BT advisors are also confirming that the issue is being worked on regardless of the strike. We as a community have zero confidence in BT as each and everyone of us has received different reasons and excuses for the past week. So to the extent of having a Qube engineer booked in for a visit knowing full well that is as issue with the network and not equipment. I had the engineering on Thursday and he didn’t even test the system, straight away said it’s an issue with needs to be fixed by Openreach. So frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I fail to see why knowing why or what the case of an MSO would make a difference. Any MSO is treated as a high order issue and it will be repaired ASAP.

There are many reasons the result in an MSO, histrically almost all have been due to others contractors mistakenly cutting cables or cable theft.

One immediately comes to mind in the Ealing area where a railtrack contractor cut through 2 500 bundle cables. That was up to 1,000 customers affected. Openreach had engineers working 24/7 sorting that out.

MSO's are inherently caused by third party's error in reading plans.

Sufffice to say the issue will be resolved ASAP.

Message 7 of 7

Knowing of the actual reason behind the MSO would at least give us a bit more patience with BT and Openreach.

Right now, we are being informed by different BT advisors with different reasons none of which seems true or accurate.

We as consumers are paying for a service which we are not getting and have not been getting for nearly a week so I think it’s only fair that we are informed on what’s going on. If cables have been accidentally cut by contractors, I can accept that but at least tell us so we do not have to keep pestering the BT advisors.

We are all getting extremely frustrated and being told it will be fixed with text messages when it’s not fixed only adds fuel to the fire.

0 Ratings