cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Speed Fluctating

I’ve had BT Fibre 1 for some time with a download speed of c35Mb (used to be c45Mb a few years back but I guess that’s progress for you!). However 3+ weeks ago I noticed a deterioration in speed and BT download speed tests showed various results between 40Mb (unusually high) but more commonly speeds in the  2Mb - 5Mb range. A fault was raised and a Qube engineer attended and replaced the hub. This didn’t resolve the issue. Then two Openreach engineers attended, disconnected the wiring from the 5C main socket for the extension sockets (our house alarm is attached to one of these) and pronounced that all was well and the issue must be with the alarm. They advised that I should get the alarm company to attend to resolve the problem. They also said not to rely on BT’s speed test! Of course the alarm company said that this is something they hear regularly and very rarely does the fault lie with the alarm. So I’ve had the alarm disconnected from the telephone line and guess what? Speed is still fluctuating! Any advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Speed Fluctating

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi, quiet line test seems ok, slight hum with cordless phone. Stats:

This is a quick overview of your BT Smart Hub's status.

Connection status:

Connection type:

Fibre Broadband (VDSL)

Downstream sync speed:

43.20 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:

9.14 Mbps

Network uptime:

1 Days, 9 Hours 25 Minutes

Broadband IP address:

Default gateway:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

System uptime:

3 Days, 2 Hours 49 Minutes

Serial number:

+084316+NQ65028342

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E079

Firmware updated:

04-Oct-2022

BT Wi-fi status:

Active

And1990_0-1665418573165.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Can you please post the full stats as they are more helpful than short version thanks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi, where do i find the full stats? Thanks

0 Ratings