cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband and Guaranteed Minimum Speeds changed

Hi,

My current contract is due to expire soon. I'm currently on Fibre 2 with a 'normal' download speed of 42-47Mbps and a guaranteed minimum of 38Mbps. I've never gone below the 38Mbps and it's worked perfectly for the last 2 years.

When I'm looking to start a new contract or shop around for deals, for some reason I'm only being quoted download speeds of 23Mbps and a guarantee of 17Mbps. This is across all providers including BT. I'm guessing there is a database somewhere this information is on.

Anyone had this before and managed to get it sorted?

Current BT.JPGNew BT.JPG

Thanks,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband and Guaranteed Minimum Speeds changed

Get what sorted? Your speed won't change.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Get it sorted so I'm getting a guaranteed of 38 and not 17 in case anything happens.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the guaranteed speed is down connection speed to your router not actual download speed

post your hub stats  if SH2 then hub manager/advanced settings/technical lof information  and see what speeds you are actually getting

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings