cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband constantly disconnects 156 disconnects in one day

Hello,

So my broadband has been constantly disconnecting it seems to be happening every five minutes now. This has been going on for about a month. I have done a quiet line test, I reported some noise but the guy in bt support said it won't be the phone line as the broadband will be creating the noise on the landline. I have tried new cables, new routers and had two engineers out already whenever the they test the line they say its fine. I have a third engineer coming tomorrow but at this point I have very little faith it will be fixed. It has also taken my speeds from 50 down and 15 up to 10 down and 0.5 up 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband constantly disconnects 156 disconnects in one day

Screenshot_20220107-234755_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Chris4231 

Which BT Home hub are you using?

There should be no noise on your phone line. Broadband will not work properly on a noisy line, nor will it cause a noisy line unless there is a fault on the line itself.

That drop in speed indicates either a disconnected wire on your line (you would not get dial tone), or a line fault causing a lot of noise.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Chris4231 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're connection is dropping so much. I don't know what that advisor was talking about but your broadband won't make any noise on your line. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings