cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband dropping out but hub stay blue

My internet drops out and my hub stays blue.

no wireless devices can connect and my BTTV box which is connected to the hub with a wire also loses connection.

BT says they can’t see any drop outs

openreach have been our 5 times and keep saying the line is fine.

the drop out happen constantly throughout the day dropping and re connecting but it’s so frequent the internet becomes useless.

this happens for 4-5 days a month then sorts itself out.

although this latest one is currently on day 6 so it looks like the issue is getting worse.

any thoughts

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband dropping out but hub stay blue

It could be something in your property that is causing electrical interference. 

If possible make sure that there are no electrical devices plugged into the same electrical socket as your BT hub and that the hub is not right beside another electrical item. If you have a longer lead you could try moving the hub to a different electrical socket to see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Ok thanks the only thing next to it is the hive hub. I’ll move it.

i should add this set up has been fine for 18months then just started having probs in Nov

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I also have 2 wifi discs and the devices connected those drop out too

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@LesleyDill wrote:

I also have 2 wifi discs and the devices connected those drop out too

If your hub drops out so will the 2 wifi discs that are getting their signal from it and in turn so will any devices that are connected to them.

If it is electrical interference, and obviously it might not be that, this can occur at anytime if the device that is causing the interference is faulty. This means that although you had no problems for 18 months it could mean that the device causing the problem has just developed the fault since November.

Make sure that the power brick for the BT hub is inserted into the hub all the way and is not loose.

0 Ratings