cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Broadband restricted speed?

Go to solution

Granted that Download speed can fluctuate. But I’m only getting 52Mbps on a connection that I’m told should expect to see somewhere between 63 to 76Mbps. And it’s been 75Mbps for years previously.  That little SamKnows box is quite handy in that respect . Something’s changed. It’s not the end of the world but I’m curious. 

And another thing, that’s odd. When I disconnected the line to do the quiet line test and reconnected, the hub connected again no problem, but the speeds via WiFi were rubbish. Like 3Mbps. It took a soft restart of the hub to get them back up to the dsl speeds. 
Perhaps that firmware update in February didn’t help. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

The speeds you are told to expect are sync speeds not download speeds and you are currently getting 67M.

However, at some point DLM has taken umbrage and has banded your line at that speed. It can take several weeks for DLM to release it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

the 2 restarts are not helping your line improve as you need a stable connection with no manual resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Got it sorted. Have to say it all went rather well. Reported the problem. BT said there may be an issue. Openreach engineer came out when he said he would. He was rather puzzled as to why it should have dropped suddenly. And things tested okay - no errors. But he replaced the screw terminals in the box in the hall coming in from the UG feed,  with tool-less ones. And redid the jumpers in the cabinet. And now all seems to be fine. Noise margin at 6.3dB and 73/19Mbps speeds. 

0 Ratings