cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Broadband will not connect

Go to solution

My hub is flashing purple, which means the broadband cable (grey ends) isn't connected according to the instructions. However, it never came with that, it can with red and yellow ends. The contents sheet doesn't even say a grey ends cable. I've tried contacting BT but they keep asking for phone numbers so when I eventually put my mobile number in I got a massive screech coming from them, which upset me so I'm coming here hoping you guys are competent.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: Broadband will not connect

Go to solution

do You have FTTP ?  if so then ethernet cable connects from ONT (small white openreach box) to port 4 on hub maybe marked WAN

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

Yes I have a red cable going from the white box you mentioned to the WAN port of the hub. It's still the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

did the fitter have your internet working before leaving?  when was/is activation date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

Is this a new connection that's never worked or previously working connection that's failed?

What lights do you have on the ONT?

Try following the troubleshooter.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

What? I don't think I've conveyed this well. My mum ordered a phone and hub. We got the phone Thursday and the hub today. She's paying the contract for it already so the activation must already been. A fitter? I don't know, we never got one. We got a phone and hub, which came with the cables I mentioned earlier as well as a power source.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

We have a hub, which is flashing purple and should be blue. We also have a white box in the wall with holes in it (no lights)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

does white box look like this

ont-pon.jpg

or like this

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

The last one on the bottom.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

if like 7 then cable (not ethernet need to be connected to broadband socket and the DSL socket on back of hub

0 Ratings