cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Bt Full Fibre Guarantee 500mbs

Hey all, just a new bt customer. I picked the 500mbps thinking I would get a super fast Internet coming from another company I got 130 mbps all through house. I get 2.85mbs upstairs I get 28mbps and when I am in living room I am getting 80mbps on phone. Have had a new hub and two engineers out. Bt say the minimum is hitting the hub so basically in order to avoid the drop off I can upgrade to complete wifi for an extra 25. Had I knew the problems I encountered before I would took complete wifi at £5 extra. I have been passed around every team told, values team can sort your issues out and cost won't be that high was offered same. Complete lack of customer service had a complaint closed as no contact been on every day, had two call backs not honoured. Anyway I can improve my situation without never doubling my cost. Bt don't care attitude is pretty much, unlucky 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt Full Fibre Guarantee 500mbs

What results do you get if you run.  Fast.com with an ethernet cable not wireless

Have you tried setting the wireless channels in the hub manually having used a WiFi analyser to see channels in use near you and then select a free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt Full Fibre Guarantee 500mbs

Your first step is to confirm that the drop in expected speed is down to your Wi-Fi which I’d put money on. On that basis changing isp or moving to a different provider isn’t going to help. 

0 Ratings