Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 19

Telephone line not compatible with broadband

Go to solution

My telephone line isn't compatible with broadband, it's gets very low VDSL and wouldn't be adequate for a broadband connection . I'm worried about the switch off. What are my options?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Telephone line not compatible with broadband

Go to solution

We have been through this scenario before and from dslchecker stats you posted your line is capable of a good vdsl connection so more than capable to provide digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Will we be getting Digital lines? I wasn't aware of those, and a friend in Kent told me BT recently laid one to her home , completely out the blue. She's in her 80's and doesn't have broadband.

I live in Lincolnshire. Do you know when we might be getting a digital line in our area? If that is happening I would feel much happier about that, as my telephone line is very old.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Your current line is perfectly capable of using Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Don't start all this nonsense again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Hi, @Anonymous  Thanks for posting, I understand that you have concerns about getting broadband service. However, I want to assure you that you can get broadband and that VDSL, which is short for 'Very high-speed digital subscriber line,' is a suitable for digital voice.

From your previous posts the checker results have shown the expected download speed for your line is 55Mbps, which is more than adequate for digital voice, which will be used to provide landline telephone service after the analogue network is retired in 2025.

The community moderators, who are BT employees, will be happy to check your line for broadband compatibility and address any concerns you may have.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks
Neil

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

I'm talking about Digital lines, and when they will be coming to my area?

We've already established I get VDSL thanks to your advice.

My attached screenshot from the Openreach website tells me we are getting Digital lines which you can clearly see.

So my question is when will they be coming to Lincolnshire?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

please don't start this again

your existing line is how DV will be provided there are no special digital lines required for Digital Voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Screenshot_20230620-101837.jpg

 If you click here this will show you what I am talking about

https://www.openreach.com/upgrading-the-UK-to-digital-phone-lines

0 Ratings