cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cabinet wire damage

I've been having broadband issues for over a month now and its at the point now that by internet is constantly down. I've had an Openreach engineer over who said there was a damaged wire in the cabinet near my property and would need a different engineer to fix it. That was 2 weeks ago and still no change, the engineer said he would refer the issue for me but no one has come and i haven't received any emails regarding progress. i don't know who to contact because BT keep wanting to send round more engineers who will only say the same thing, am i missing something or do i just have to sit and wait for BT to actually do something?!?!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cabinet wire damage

Contact BT 0800.800.150 and report that the fault, you should get the reference number from your MyBT,  has not been fixed and give them the information that the engineer gave you. If BT do their job correctly this should be recorded with your fault and it should ensure that the Openreach engineer has the correct information and the "correct" type of engineer is dispatched.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the advice, but when i ring the helpline and choose broadband faults it wants me to go through the text message system to book an engineer, at no point can i actually speak to someone, this is the issue im having 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Just book the engineer, I suspect the first engineer was just fobbing you off in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Could be that the Engineer was referring to the Wiring in the DSLAM and not the PCP.

Not all Openreach Engineers are Trained to work in them.

Some run of the mill CSE’s can fix simple DIS Faults or change Splitters in them but the more Complex stuff has to be done by NGA Engineers.

0 Ratings