cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cant order the correct broadband to my address

Firstly, my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question, I'm just a bit lost with what to do now, I can't really find anyone with my problem.

I have a newly registered address (the land was split in two halves on the deed, the original address gets FTTP) which wasn't originally on openreach's system, I reached out to them to include the new address, but they've put it down as FTTC. It's left me in a position where I can't order any broadband as if you try to order a FTTC product, there isn't any copper on the pole, only fibre, so they have to cancel.

Openreach engineers have told me there's nothing physically stopping them from connecting up a fibre line, and the fibre is in use, the only thing stopping them is that it needs to be a FTTP order, which I can't order

How do you go about rectifying this type of problem? I have tried to contact openreach through the forms and despite being quick to register the address in the first place, I've got nothing back, one of the engineers even tried to help by passing it forward to someone higher up he had to meet, but I haven't heard anything back.

Is there something I can do to help myself, or can BT help me? Because I'm essentially stuck with every provider BT sky talktalk saying I need to get openreach to sort it and everything I've done to get hold of them has made zero difference.

Many thanks in advance for reading and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: A bit more background of the problem, the new address for whatever reason has a different postcode and street name despite being physically on the same road. I believe this may have caused the mix up to FTTC. The broadband checker shows the new address being served by a completely different cabinet to the old one (weird considering it doesn't have any line installed yet).

New address

Screenshot_20220105-192206_Chrome.png

Literally next door (originally all one property) 

Screenshot_20220105-192310_Chrome.png

It isn't physically possible for the address to be served by any other route but the one that the original address is served on, it's the only pole there to hook up to. It's definitely a mistake on the system.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cant order the correct broadband to my address

Is your address correct on royal mail database?  If not that is first thing you need to do

If you want to use BT then you need to get BT to send ORDI to open reach to get your address registered on their database and then you will be able to complete your order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi thanks for the reply,

How does that work? Is it simply ringing up to order and saying "I need an ORDI request" Or do I need to ring someone specific?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Try FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for that, I'll give them a go.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Have just got off the phone to BT, got transferred a few times eventually to the guy that could do the ORDI. He ends up saying it's not an ORDI that's needed, and instead fills out the Openreach Fibre availability form.

(I have already tried this, but maybe coming from BT it might be different.)

They're saying that if they put an ORDI in it will bounce back and immediately get rejected, its for syncing Openreach and BT's info to give BT up to date info, not for fixing openreach's errors (I don't know anything about the ORDI request, just repeating what they have told me.

0 Ratings