cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Connections, Orange flashing lights and EE

Hi Everyone.

First time poster so please go easy!

I've been moved onto BT Broadband from EE as part of a contract renewal, and I've encountered considerable problems.

The internet seems to be dropping off consistently for the last few weeks (flashing orange light on the hub). I have run the fault finder and I get the message that there is a fault in the area, but the date for estimated solution keeps slipping back (its gone from May 7th to the 24th). It was my understanding that EE would back up the network so it wouldn't go down (at least that's what Kevin Bacon says!), but this definitely isn't the case. 

I'm unsure how to progress this, as I'm paying for Broadband, not receiving Broadband,  locked into a contract that I can't easily escape from, and the only way to reach BT to speak to them would be via a chargeable phone number (my phone is EE and my BT landline doesn't work because the broadband is down) to which I'd dread my bill once I'm off of hold and to be honest I'd resent paying extra to talk to someone about a fault that I'm already paying for in regards to no Broadband. I also struggle to make myself clear with my speech, so I'd prefer not to speak via phone anyway, and there is no email address that I can use to suitably describe the problems we are having.

My daughter can't get on with her online homework at home and I doubt that her school will accept the "BT are working on it" excuse for too much longer either. That said I will tether my phone data to the laptop but this adds to the resentment of me paying extra to resolve the issues.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to try to progress and resolve this please? I really need to be able to communicate with BT in order to explore if there is going to be a solution beyond "leave it with us",  or failing that how I can get released to find alternative providers. Paying for Broadband is fast becoming a luxury in this current climate, and paying for broadband but not actually getting broadband I can't ignore for long.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

John.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connections, Orange flashing lights and EE

0800 numbers are free of charge regardless of who your operator is, try calling customer services on 0800 800 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connections, Orange flashing lights and EE

what type of connection do you have - FTTC - fibre to street cab and copper to your home using a master socket OR  do you have FTTP fibre direct to your home connected to ONT like this

ont-pon.jpg

if like above what lights are lit and what colour?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings