cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Internet Dropping Out

I am having constant issues with broadband speed, and more frustratingly bad ping spikes and disconnections. The ping is especially worse when the network is in use by others and is making somethings basically impossible such as gaming or streaming video. The issue is intermittent but is seen more often in the evenings and weekends. We barely get just over 100mpbs if directly plugged into the smart hub, wifi is usually closer to 10mbps and in some areas of the house just non-existent.

This was never a problem in >1yr, it seems to coincide with BT 'upgrading' us to Full Fibre 100 a few week ago as the package we were on had been discontinued.

I have tried resets, factory resets, powerline adapters (on both wifi extension and ethernet), all the usual checks the call centres give you, updating drivers, firmware...We have an engineer coming to move the smart hub upstairs so the desktop (where the main problems are i.e. gaming) can plug directly into it, but I'm not expecting this to really fix the main issue.

After some googling it is looking like my last options are to move to a router/modem with SQM QoS but this is a big cost to fix something that was never a problem in the past - and also something i'm not familiar with.

Is there anything else to try?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Internet Dropping Out

Hi @cooper94,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're not happy with the performance of your connection. I think the best thing to do is wait until after the engineers visit and see if they are able to improve things.

In terms of gaming a wired connection is always going to be better than Wifi. So moving the hub closer to you PC should help reduce ping.

Please post back and let us know how thing go with the visit.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings