cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Desperate for a DLM reset

Hi all,

So I know it’s not normal procedure to ask for a DLM reset but I’ve literally left my router on since July and my noise margin hasn’t changed a bit.. I’m still stuck on 6db when I know my line can handle the 3db.. I know DLM isn’t automatic but I’m wondering if it needs a prod in the right direction. It’s annoying I had much faster speeds in February ever since storm Eunice I’ve been 10 meg slower..

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Desperate for a DLM reset

A reset of the DLM will not get your noise margin lowered to 3db but will set your noise margin to normal 6db- exactly as you currently have.  Any reduction of your noise margin is automatic and controlled by the DLM and  cannot be set manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Yes but when the engineer came for my line fault back in July to my knowledge he never performed a DLM reset so I’ve just left the router in since July in hope something would happen but nothing.. 😞 I know what your saying but I just want my 10 meg back that I lost back in February.. and if my line is capped then well I dunno.. I just dunno anymore it’s really bloody annoying that it’s not lowering or activating g.inp

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@samtheaspieAre you possibly on an ECI Cab which was perviously under trial for G. INP?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I’m sure it’s Huawei @pippincp 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@pippincp 

Was checked previously and it is Huawei cab.  Previous stats show connection speed about 62mb with attainable about 64mb and 6db noise margin within expected speed range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

and Message 11 shows what I was getting on the exact same line last year.... 

Solved: Re: Can someone reset my line - Page 2 - BT Community

Thats all I would like to see back.. its not hard.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Could it be that the line is still a bit iffy? Got a similar issue with my connection in that it was at 75+ Mbps for years. Went down to 60Mbps. Reported it and got it fixed. Went up to 69Mbps. Was told that DLM would do its stuff. 3 Months later over summer it eventually went back up to 75Mbps. But when the rains came it’s started to gradually decrease to 68 and it’s getting slower ( Noise margin has increased). Difficult to report as a fault because all is within expected range. And the line is clear as a bell. But like you, I find it irritating that I’ve not got my reliable 75Mbps any more. Appreciate there’s more serious things going on nowadays than the loss of a few Mbps. But irritating nonetheless. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Had openreach engineer out today but he couldn’t find anything wrong despite it disconnecting 4-8 times a day. Can someone do a DLM reset because apparently my line is fine…

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

If your connection is dropping 4-8 times a day then  a DLM reset is not going to fix it.  You need a stable connection before reset

With that amount of drops in connection then must be line or hub problem

0 Ratings