cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Different addresses listed for FTTP

When I search Broadband availability I see that my address is listed twice  - one says I can have FTTP and the other is not. I have a basement flat , so one address has used the word basement, the other doesn’t. Can anyone advice please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Different addresses listed for FTTP

@Juniper1 

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

There was a post a few months ago , person lived in a house that had been converted into two flats , 1st floor flat , 25a Soandso St , and Ground floor flat , 25a Soandso St ground floor flat …..both the flat addresses  were  shown on checkers etc but had no availability ,  the ‘main’ address 25a Soandso St also was published and that did show availability,  the thing that person did ( and you should also do ) is order for the address that does show availability even if there is a more accurate version of your address , the alternative, is to get the records changed , this will doubtless take time and have no guarantee of success.

Dividing houses into flats often leaves duplicate addresses , the address the property was known by before conversion and the multiple addresses based in the original address after conversion ,  the nebulous nature of addresses converted to  flats ( as opposed to purpose built ones ) is  the same dwelling could be known by various aliases ’ , top floor flat , 1st floor flat , flat a , with the street name inserted before the street in some cases and after the street name in others , plus if the building has a name ( Mandela House for example ) the potential number of variations on the address can be huge , the address should match whatever the Royal Mail and local council have , but that’s not always the case .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Don’t order off the incorrect address, that will just muck it all up when the mistake is cleared or the other flat orders and yours gets cancelled.

Fill out this form, add the address that shows available and the two that exist but don’t show as RFS. It should take a couple of weeks to update the OR and CP’s order systems from there.

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The post I referred to , the poster ordered on the ‘incorrect’ address to get service installed, and sorted the addressing out later , the alternative was more delay , that poster had already had an order cancelled and had no success in trying to sort the addresses out in advance, so they delay was already lengthy, although the original order wasn’t with BT , but another ISP , they were advised to try BT , and once that BT order was in flight, the BT Mod offered to intervene and sort the addressing issue once service was in , the OP posted to confirm the approach worked .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I’ve had to deal with jobs like this, doing it wrong causes more stress as the working services on the incorrect address  have to be cancelled to fix the UPRN/NAD/address issues, plus the neighbour either can’t order, or if they do it cancels the working service, then it ping pongs back and forth between them until an engineer points out the problem and everything stops until it’s fixed.
Some ISP/CP’s are good at sorting their end, others won’t help and say they have to go elsewhere and the customer gets stuck arguing about early contract cancellation fees.

Sorting it via the OR form works out better all round.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

IMG_0634.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Preaching to the choir, in the example I quoted , that route was tried and ultimately failed , and the problems you highlight were also highlighted in the post I referenced, but in that case although less than ideal and in a perfect world the records sorted first would be preferable , the reality was that to get service provided, this slight of hand was necessary, if the OP is prepared to wait and hope the records are quickly  changed via the Openreach link , then attempting to get the incorrect entry removed and the FTTP availability transferred to the correct ( or more accurate ) version of the address would be better , it  depends on the OP requirements.

0 Ratings