cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Disruptive disconnections, speed dropping

Hopefully it's okay reopening this post.

6 months into this fault, 4 engineers, 3 routers.

Is there no other recourse for me at this point? Is my only option to have a neverending stream of engineers who approach this as they approach every single generic fault, with no ability to look deeper? Not one of them has looked outside, at the wires, or the physical parts.

Does anyone know if there's some form of... I don't know, escalation? It's impacting my livelyhood every day, yet I'm still paying £60 a month for a temperamental service. Is there no way to contact Openreach and have a specific case manager of some sort? I feel that's not too much to ask, considering the scale of Openreach & BT, and the length of this fault.

Symptoms are still the same as every other time I've discussed this. Net fine for a couple days, disconnects, struggles to reconnect, micro-disconnections & extremely elevated MS/lag until I manually restart router. Repeat.

Hoping someone knows of a way out of this torturous loop of engineers...

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps stop the connection drops?

If you phone your home number from mobile does that cause your connection to drop?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Thank you for your response.

Yes, been through all of that 10x. No, mobile doesn't cause connection drop.

I'm way, way past that testing phase within the home now. It's been 6 months of that, over and over and over, so I can safely rule those things out.

At this point I'm interested in escaping the endless stream of engineers who aren't willing to investigate!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Oh just to add! It was fine for approx. 3 weeks after changing router for the 2nd time. However, the fault is back again, as it was before. Disconnect into slow speeds + lag, until manual restart.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Hi @Pale91, sorry that this fault has come back yet again. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll see what we can do to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings