cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Do I need an engineer to dig up my path in order to get an upgrade?

I currently have a package called Fibre 2 with BT. An engineer came out and set it up for me.

Now i've been told I can upgrade my broadband so I've chosen Full Fibre 500 and I'm told an engineer will come out to install (3hours installation)

Does this mean they will dig up the garden/path for this? I'm not sure if I have FTTP or FTTC.
They've not asked for permission or anything either.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Do I need an engineer to dig up my path in order to get an upgrade?

Fibre can be installed using overhead lines. Visually no different from overhead copper lines if you have that. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Depending on how your copper cable is run to your house they may be able to use the same route. If thy end up having to dig and lay a new duct they will re instate the path/garden to how it was.

By virtue of the fact you have ordered the product it is assumed you are giving permission to install it.

Discuss with engineer when he/she calls to install it and if you don't want it instslled because of the method of instalation just cancel it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If you post the results for your phone number , or address if the phone number isn’t recognised at
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
It should show what sort of install ( overhead or underground ) and if it’s a straightforward install or there are potential issues to overcome .
0 Ratings