cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Elderly parents landline and broadband fault still not fixed

Hello,

Due to heavy snow 1 1/2 weeks ago a drop wire broke and my 90 yr old parents lost all access to their landline and broadband.
An engineer was sent to their house on Monday 13th March who couldn’t fix the issue but was assured it would be fixed the next day.I spoke to the Executive Complaints lounge and Online chat who told me that the fault would be fixed on Monday 20th March.Here we are the next day and it still hasn’t been fixed.My parents are elderly,vulnerable and shouldn’t be left without communication for almost 2 weeks.I live abroad so it is vital they  get this sorted asap.

Can someone please help?

Thank you 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Elderly parents landline and broadband fault still not fixed

Hi @Jules181

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry that your Parent's line developed a fault.  I appreciate that they're elderly and how vitally important it is for their service to be available for them in case of an emergency.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over their details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Elderly parents landline and broadband fault still not fixed

@Jules181 

are your parents registered here

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.