cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 6

Existing FTTP and external wall insulation.

Hi guys, 

We have an existing FTTP connection to our home and are having EWI installed immediately. Can the external box remain where it is with a removable panel placed on top, or do I need to have the external box relocated? 

cheers! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6

Re: Does external wall insulation impact on FTTP installation?

Hi guys, 

I have the opposite problem here, where my FTTP is already installed but I’m about to get the EWI added to my property. Can I leave the external box in place and cover with a removable panel of EWI or do I need to have BT relocate the existing box onto the new insulation after it’s installed? 

cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Please don't post the same question on more than one thread, it just causes total confusion

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for moving this and apologies for the confusion. I wasn’t sure if replying to an existing thread or making my own would be best…

any ideas re the post? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Sorry, no.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Provided all Openreach kit and cables are clearly identifiable and accessible I can’t see a problem. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings