cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Total loss of service

Last night, our broadband kept dropping out then coming back agin after a few minutes. Then about 11pm, it dropped out and has never come back. This morning, I connected a phone to our master socket and it was as dead as a dodo. No dial tone, nothing - just total silence. I reported the fault via BT’s online fault reporting service and got a reply back saying there was a system fault and an OpenReach engineer would be summoned to fix it. Was has annoyed me is that they have logged the fault as ‘a slow broadband connection’ and given themselves until 12th April to fix it. This is unacceptable. It’s not a slow connection- I have no service whatsoever. Can something be done to expedite repair?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Total loss of service

Report it again, and say you cannot make or receive phone calls.

Did you originally report it as a phone fault, and did not mention broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Initially, I reported it as a broadband fault by mistake...

Initially, I reported it as a broadband fault by mistake but I have since reported it again as a phone fault. Doesn’t seem to make much difference though - I get the same automated message in reply telling me there is a fault in their system. I do wonder why I am paying BT over £65 per month for Halo 3 yet I only get 20mb download speeds and rubbish service. The price increases this month too to nearly £75

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Re: Initially, I reported it as a broadband fault by mistake...

Just had a text saying they’ve booked an engineer for next Tuesday. Oh joy. A whole week without phone and broadband. I shall be looking to change providers 🤬

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

You really do have unrealistic expectations for a residential broadband service . If you want a proper SLA you need a business service.

Changing providers won't help, it will be in the hands of Openreach regardless of supplier unless you have access to Virgin

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Today is Thursday 5th , it’s a double bank holiday weekend , Tuesday 11th isn’t a week away regardless , and it’s actually only 2 working days with it being a 4 day break , the chances are Openreach will have staff working anyway over the BH’s and the weekend, so it may well  be attended to before Tuesday…but if it isn’t fixed by end of play Tuesday, compensation becomes due from then.

Message 7 of 9

Darlington is currently swarming with Openreach engineers...

Darlington is currently swarming with Openreach engineers as they are installing fibre throughout the town. Could be what’s caused the problem in the first place

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Re: Darlington is currently swarming with Openreach engineers...

@Albourneboy  Very doubtful.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@Albourneboywrote:

I do wonder why I am paying BT over £65 per month for Halo 3

Have they not sent you a 4G mifi? Halo includes the keep connected promise.

0 Ratings