cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTC Increased Ping, DLM Reset

Hi all,

I had few power cuts which has affected my broadband speed, both down and up, including increased ping.

I assume DLM has kicked in and applied some profile on my line.

I have contacted BT support, but all I get is that I still get minimum download speed. They did monitor my line and I noticed on the Broadband Availability Checker that VDSL line rate has actually been increased from what it was rated before.

Have monitored my network myself, not seen any changes regarding the ping or speed to improve. If you require extra information, please let me know.

Would appreciate some advice regarding this issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTC Increased Ping, DLM Reset

If your line is now stable with no more power cuts if DLM, which is an automated system, has intervened it will slowly increase your speed back to the best speed that your line can support. This can but not necessarily will take a few weeks to happen.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for reply gg,

I am aware that DLM is an automated system and it takes time to settle, but I was looking if this can be fast tracked as I require stable internet now, not in few weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You have stated "I was looking if this can be fast tracked as I require stable internet now".  If your line is not stable, DLM will lower your speeds to maintain a stable line and will not increase until the line is stable. If your line is still unstable you will need to report a fault to get the line investigated to establish what is causing the instability.

A "manual" reset would normally only be done if the DLM system has had time to do its job and it has become apparent that for some reason the automated process has not worked.

0 Ratings