cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP 900 Issues

Hi all,

First time posting on this forum. I got Fibre 900 installed today as my previous speeds were around 50mbps download and 20 upload. MGALs when I upgraded was 700mbps download and, for the price difference, i felt it was worth it.

At one point today, my wireless download went to just over 150mbps and upload was around 120. I've now did a speed test using OOKLA and I'm sitting with a measly 46mbps downloaded however the upload is sitting at 65. I know there's usually a period of time for the speeds to settle (10 days I believe). Having spoken to people who recently had it installed, they said their wireless speeds were 400/500+ after the first day of installation. Is this normal to see the speeds even lower with FTTP 900 than when I was on regular fibre? Obviously I know if I ring tech support they will likely tell me to monitor it over the next 10 days I'd imagine for the speeds to settle/optimize.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP 900 Issues

What speed do you get downloading over an ethernet connection not wireless which is subject to interference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP 900 Issues

Thanks for your reply - I haven't had the chance to do a wired connection as of yet. Completely appreciate things even as small as dimmer switches can cause interference with wireless but thought the discrepancy between 150 down wireless today versus 45-48 down whilst remaining in the same room was a bit concerning. Will do a wired test tomorrow and update 🙂

0 Ratings