cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

FTTP Available on Openreach Checker, but not on BT

Hi Guys,

In the past month or so Openreach have confirmed that Full Fibre is now available in my area, however when trying to checkout on the BT site, it only shows copper ADSL is available.

Openreach Checker:

chrome_chmiO8byOe.png  

The BT Wholesale checker has migrated the FTTC option to "waiting list", but doesn't show FTTP as available:

chrome_cuwlDFsdD2.png

Other ISP's (TalkTalk, Sky etc) show FTTP as available and ready to order.

I have tried calling the FTTP team as well the as the Connections team who say there is nothing they can do.

Are there any other avenues I can take to get FTTP updated for my address via BT?

Cheers!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: FTTP Available on Openreach Checker, but not on BT

I can appreciate your pain. We recently had our apartment block wired up for fibre, a box and connecting cable at each apartment door, and aparently connected to the network  outside, but noone is offering us fibre broadband. Openreach (installed the fibre) insist there are no plans to upgrade us to fibre. I'm starting to believe that both BT and Openreach have got a number of Gremlins hiding in cupboards at their offices and initiating projects when no-one's looking.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

@dan0049 

Are you an existing BT Retail customer.?  If so have you tried using phone number on dslchecker instead of address to see if options change - does not work if you have digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Hi,

Yes, tried both Number and Address to no avail.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

I feel your pain too....I'm in exactly the same boat you are. OR checker been saying for a few weeks now that 1Gbps available but only a handfull on their ISP's list agree, Voda saying 1Gbps, Zen saying only 300mbps though! Grrr!

Was tempted to go with vodafone but heard some mega-tales of woe about them, with a similar theme of broken promises in trying to resolve issues, but failing to do so ( a mate of mine had exectly the same too)

Been with BT for quite a few years now, and personally always found them pretty good tbh, so would like to stay with them. I just wish they'd use the same availability checker Openreach provide....😫

(sorry to build your hopes up with a reply btw, just glad I'm not the only one, lol)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

@dan0049 

have you checked your neighbours to see if next door have actually had FTTP installed using openreach?  is your current openreach connection enter house underground or via pole.

It is not unusual for circulars from openreach to say FTTP available as they cover an area but may not apply to you.  you also may find when apply to ISP who say available when comes to order and instal may suddenly be not available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

@imjolly 

Hi,

The pole is right outside my house and I can see the FTTP Distribution Points on each pole on the street.

From what I can see, there is only one house connected currently - but that at least gives confirmation that it should be live.

Do you know if there is anything that BT can do to "update" their systems to show FTTP as available? I have seen the term ORDI around, but not sure if that's applicable in this instance.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Hello,

Thanks for you reply.  The cabling and various boxes have been physically installed to building, but as yet, we (I assume the rest of the building's residents have had the same expreience as myself) have not been able to get any acknowldegement from Openreach that they've been there. It was installed over a number of days, with up to 8 Openreach vans outside  and a large number of O[enreach personnel inside. There's a new box been installed, and wired in, in our binstore (apparently the exissting BT line in is blocked; the box has "Openreach" scrawled on it).  The boxes above each door, I understand, are Invisilight Point of entry modules (InvisiLight MDU Solution | OFS (ofsoptics.com)); all are wired in, I assume ready for installation to any appartment when the time is right. I've had no response from our building manager (which our very conscientious and hard working Residents rep assures me is normal). I can only assume that the operations people at Openreach will communicate with their sales and marketing people when they see fit.

Regards,

cd27idw

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

@dan0049 

the openreach system is updated on Friday so if still nothing on Saturday then try contacting FTTP Team again explaining a neighbour has FTTP and asking them to raise ORDI with openreach to get your records updated

Message 10 of 24

This is what is returned for your postcode on BT deals page. Could be available to you soon.

BT deals.png