cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: FTTP Available on Openreach Checker, but not on BT

Here we go again.

Line rental has absolutely nothing to do with landline capability.

Line rental is payable but included with all broadband packages regardless of whether ADSL, FTTC or FTTP with or without landline telephony or not.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

It sounds like I have irritated you. I am sorry. As you can tell, I am stupider than most people but I do try to post helpful comments where I can.

As a Distinguished Sage can you advise, then, given what you say, is Line Rental Saver still an option to save a few quid when one has an FTTP service?

I got the feeling that the concept of Line Rental was no longer talked about so I felt it reasonable to make the point.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

Its just that people continually post on the forum conflating line rental and landline capability.

As far as I'm aware, LRS is available for FTTP as well as FTTC  although it seems a bizarre arrangement as line rental is not payable as a separate charge any more as it is included with all packages.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 24

Thanks. I am taking advantage of LRS (I have FTTC) and I do still get a yearly reminder email from BT. It is a good deal and every little helps nowadays. BT no longer mentions line rental in their advertising. That said, on My BT, my monthly charges (I have two accounts) appear as the figure AFTER subtracting £19.99 for LRS. I guess that the full monthly figure including line rental is shown for folk who don’t pay up-front for LRS.

At one of my homes FTTP is available from two alt-nets, but not from BT. They have both confirmed that the fee they quote for their FTTP service is ‘all in’ and there is no line rental fee, so no LRS option.

Hence my confusion regarding my own position should BT FTTP become available.

0 Ratings