cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Help

Can someone answer this  as  Bt cannot give me straight answer  we had Morrison Utilities working in my area 3 yrs ago laying and installing Fibre Poles , we have 10 streets  and they done the bottom half  top half  and then disappeared leaving the three streets in the middle  why i don't know  and when i contact BT Openreach  they have no answer or any idea why this happened   ,,, well all i can say there project manager couldn't organize a p*** up  in a pub !!!!!!!  

See Attached image    Yellow  Can Get Full Fibre    Red   Cannot Screenshot 2024-08-20 200304.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Help

Where Morrisons actually working on behalf of Openreach or someone else Such as City Fibre? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

yes  as i asked them 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It has nothing to do with BT, only Openreach (no such company as BT Openreach) know the answer.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

9 times out of 10 the reasons streets are missed of PON Builds is because they require extensive and costly Civils.

PON Builds are usually allocated a Budget for each THP, usually it’s around £125(ish) per THP.

If the costs to build the PON far exceed the budget for the amount of THP it has then it’s usually shelved until later.

You need to remember BT/Openreach are a Business, they’re not a Social Service or even Utility Supplier. They have Share Holders and Investors to answer to.

Lets for arguments sake say I said to you, ‘Give me £100,000 to invest in my Company and I’ll guarantee you your money back, plus 25% interest in 75 years. You’re going to laugh in my face and tell me to do one.

0 Ratings