cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: FTTP New Installation

@mattkylewrote:

Is there a sign off for the street in a new development that needs to be done before orders can go on?

Yes, the orders have stages that need to complete, the fact you've been in contact with Openreach suggests processes were bypassed and now there are issues, it's rare that bridge cases are required but if steps were missed then it needs manual intervention, which is why OR have raised the bridge case to a different team.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Engineer was supposed to come out to me to do 'external' work on 8th.  They never turned up, despite myself being in all day.  Upon calling them after, they said they are now coming on 12th, no apology, nothing?

Must be a Covid thing?, all else is lol.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

No update yet today 😞

I have notice the PON light is going solid for a period then flashing for a bit before going solid again etc.

Wonder if this indicates they are doing something at least?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

What a frustrating week this has been.

I've spent best part of 2 hours a day on the phone to the FTTP trying to get this sorted and had to explain myself every single time as they seem incapable of writing notes on my account. I get a new story every single time with a seamingly new date of when they next "thing" was going to happen.

In the end the Openreach site manager from our development had to take my details and to do a remote activation of the ONT. This was completely last night and the PON light has been solid ever since.

I call BT this morning thinking this was the end of my woes, got told another new date of when my service would be activated which was now the 21st and was driven by openreach.

I contact openreach again to be sure and he advised everything is ok and done.

I ring BT again, ask them to treat as though I was placing the order again. They found the ONT device registered to the address, they were about to place the order but rang openreach to test the line before they did so, he comes back and advises openreach now said the test failed and needs an engineer visit.

The lights on the ONT remain solid and I'm slowly losing the will to live. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Yeah, their system is a complete and utter disaster.  I feel for you.  They also failed to come out to me for a third time, yup, 3 full days wasted, waiting on nothing.  I have caught them out so many times this week 'lying' blindly, and saying stuff that just makes no sense whatsoever.

Listen to this.  A person on phone opened a complaint for me @ 9.30am in morning, and by the time I called them back @ 6pm (same day), that very complaint was 'closed', by an unknown person 😉 Amazing 🙂

It's open again, as I'm now talking to the right person, but shocking!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Still no internet 😞 

Openreach (site manager for our development) and confirmed to me direct that it is registered, activated and in-sync, ready for orders.

My ONT has two solid green lights.

When I ring BT and ask them to activate my service, they contact openreach to run a line test, they advise it fails to connect to the ONT straight away instantly. I've had both openreach and BT confirm the serial of the ONT device and it's correctly listed against my address and not sure what else I can ask them to do remotely?

BT insist that openreach engineer needs to come out again to resolve it, which will be next Thursday it seems.

Feel like I've either got really bad luck this time or my previous FTTP installs were a fluke because I had openreach install the ONT, sync it up and was running speed tests before he had even left 😞

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Engineer has been back out today and got us up and running.

Light levels were far to high he advised, he had to change the port outside in the street to get it to and acceptable level? He said it was running at -39 and needed to be -28. He got it running at -24 on another port and it connected up instantly.

It has dropped twice since he has left however and it hasn't come back up yet today with a red light.

Is this to be expected on the first day or should I get on the blower and get him back round?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

-39 is too low, not too high. I suspect there is a dodgy splice somewhere causing the low light level. Just coincidence he possibly disturbed it temporarily when changing ports. Get him back.

0 Ratings