cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

FTTP Query

Morning all,

I'm going to be moving to a new address soon and the checker at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/ shows that WBC FTTP is available at 330mbps down and 50mbps up but then shows 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Property fed from the rear.

FTTP is in Planned status. An order may be placed which will be processed when the network is ready.

I've tried to order on the BT website to check what's available but it's only giving me the option of Fibre 1. Could anyone let me know if there's another way to order this please?

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) 

VDSL Range B (Impacted) 

47.9358.1631.7AvailableAvailable
46.732.485.927.4AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 330Up to 50------
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC Fixed Rate
Up to 3.5--2 to 6.5Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available

Thanks in advance

Dom. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP Query

Call the FTTP team 0800 587 4787, they should be able to clarify 

Message 3 of 10

Is there evidence of the FTTP network , presumably at the  rear of the property on the telegraph poles ? , if CBT’s are installed on some ( unlikely to be all ) of the poles , then the FTTP build out is underway , if there is nothing present yet , it suggests the area has been surveyed ( hence the survey notes ) stating the method of delivery but the build hasn’t started , hence the inability to order yet….

I don’t know if some ISPs will accept an order , and they will progress the order once the network is shown as ready for service , or if you need to keep checking  yourself, ordering once the network is built and ready for service.

Message 4 of 10

FTTP now shows as available but BT website will only allow me to order FTTC

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I'm due to be moving shortly and just checking what services will be available at my new address. I've used the BT wholesale checker and it's coming back to show FTTP is now available but the BT website won't allow me to place a new order as though I was a new customer for FTTP only for FTTC. 

Could someone help please as if I go to another ISP e.g Sky it will let me order FTTP!

dombullion_0-1653287924820.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Re: FTTP now shows as available but BT website will only allow me to order FTTC

you need to phone FTTP TEAM who should be able to help you 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

This number doesn't go to the FTTP team. I dialled it and it just directs me to the standard welcome to BT and goes to customer service. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi,

I tried this number but there is no option for an FTTP Team it just goes straight through to customer services with the same options as if you call 150?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I have found that if you direct message BT on twitter they get back to you quite quickly and will help where they can 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@dombullion 

if you get redirected to normal CS then that is due to FTTP TEAM line being busy.  you need to keep trying the FTTP number and you will get through.  there are are posts like yours and perseverance is required 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

It does, but gets diverted to standard customer service number when busy.

0 Ratings