cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

FTTP - Supplying Pole

Good afternoon, all.

My sister has very poor ADSL and has been looking to upgrade to FTTP for a long time.

I recently checked the property on the BT FTTP checker and noted that FTTP was still unavailable. However, for some reason, this time I checked all of her neighbours properties. Each and every one of them on the road can access FTTP immediately.

I then checked the BT post outside the house and noticed that it serves the 3 neighbouring properties but not my sister's. We then traced her supply back to a different post that is a relatively huge distance away and that appears not to be FTTP-enabled (well, I can't see the usual FTTP CBT on it, at least).

So, here's the question: is there likely to be any reason why the FTTP-enabled post that serves her neighbours' houses couldn't supply my sister's house, given that it is right outside her house? Granted the supply would have to be reconfigured at the local cabinet and a cable added between the post and my sister's house.

I wasn't sure whether new supplies can be added to existing posts but, if they can, it seems more sensible that 1) her having to stay on basic ADSL or 2) the existing supply being upgraded.

Any ideas, anyone (and, if so, how I could persuade BT Openreach who have already blindly emailed me back to confirm that the property can't get FTTP)?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: FTTP - Supplying Pole

can you enter sister's phone number and post results including the notes

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the reply. These are the results:

richandjomccaig_0-1708873406169.pngrichandjomccaig_1-1708873430940.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

FYI, this is the result for the next door neighbour, where FTTP is confirmed as available:

richandjomccaig_0-1708873623258.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

that confirms there is no FTTP available currently  however your sister has FTTC with 25mb connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 15

Both properties serviced by Exchange HILLSIDE is served by Cabinet 10

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

FTTP does not come from a cabinet

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Indeed. The point is that her next door neighbour, served by the same exchange and cabinet, CAN get FTTP, albeit connected to a different post. Could my sister's supply be, in theory, changed to the same post as that serving her neighbour?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Accepted. But surely it comes from the same exchange? The FTTP must be present at the post that serves the neighbours.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

try contacting openreach saying neighbours can get FTTP but I can't

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form