cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP headache

Ive had engineers out twice for an FTTP installation, both teams did not want to go ahead with the installation due to the drilling for the entry point needing to be done in the kitchen, they said that can install the fibre if i take off the tiles... do you think its possible that i just drill a hole myself and have them feed the cable through? this is proving an absolute nightmare and i didnt expect them to have such issues with drilling through tiles...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP headache

Is there not another route that can be taken? I know on my own install by a contractor they wanted to take the easest/quicker route for themselves which in the end to get the route I wanted had to drill a couple of extra holes. You can purchase drill bits that are safe(r) for tiles (I wouldn't them to be standard issue) but there is always the chance some maybe damaged or cracked.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP headache

When I had FTTP installed I wanted to get it out of sight with the router installed under the stairs, I drilled through from the outside to under the stairs, and installed a draw wire for them to use, the engineers were real happy with that, made their job easier and it now out of sight indoors 👍

0 Ratings