cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP install but copper wire not removed

We've just had full fibre installed (FTTP) but the engineer has left the old wire in situ. 

Our next door neighbour had full fibre installed the previous day and their old line had been removed.  Is it because we had a third party contractor do our install instead of a BT Openreach engineer that they have left our old line installed ? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP install but copper wire not removed

Is the new FTTP wire supplied from the same pole as the copper wire ?, if it is, then as the engineer had to climb the pole anyway to install the new wire , it’s seems odd that they didn’t remove the old copper wire at the same time…if the old wire was from one pole and the new wire from a different one, then obviously they would have to climb more than one pole, and a contractor may consider that they only get paid to climb one pole per installation.
Presumably you are using BT and the phone service ( if getting a phone service is DV ) if you are using someone other than BT , they may leave the copper dropwire in case you want a phone service and the ISP you have used doesn’t have a VoIP solution and that would need the copper wire , even if it were only a short term solution , but the chances are they should have removed it , but didn’t.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP install but copper wire not removed

Same thing happened to me I had the contractor my neighbour had Openreach he has one cable and I still have two from the same pole, so it appears you are not alone. 

0 Ratings