cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Database recheck?

Posting on behalf of a friend who's entire neighborhood can get full fibre when checking each address, apart from 5 houses in my friends "block" of terraced houses. 

This/last year Openreach cabled up all houses and each have a new Openreach hatch at the boundary of each garden, including the 5 who are showing as not available (FTTC only). We have checked each house in the area and marked it green or red on the map, attached.

Is there a process to get it rechecked?

fibre.jpgor.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Database recheck?

This isn’t really a BT Consumer issue , but an Openreach one, but , on the face if it , the property’s in question should be able to order FTTP , the ‘toby boxes’ outside indicate they were included in the FTTP rollout , but for some reason the address checker doesn’t reflect this…..there is ( AFAIK ) a part of the OR website , where it’s possible to raise a question , along the lines of ‘my neighbours can get FTTP but I cannot’ , if it’s something simple like the addresses were missed off a list , they may be able to rectify this….unfortunately there does seem to be some instances where a standard ‘ sorry you cannot get it ‘ reply is given when it seems to be pretty clear they can ( as in this case ) , although they tend to be where someone can order FTTP with some providers ( that also use OR infrastructure ) but BT say it’s not available 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@paradoxni 

If you are planning to place your order with BT Retail, then it would be worth ringing the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787and see what they say.

As @iniltous  has said, its an Openreach issue. This is a BT Retail Customer Forum, and has no connection to Openreach, who support many other providers as well as BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks. I figured someone in the retail ISPs may have methods to notify or contact OR. Will try contacting OR directly on the matter.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue, houses to either side and opposite of me can order, I can't. The property opposite even has a cable going over the road to the pole which is directly outside my house!!

0 Ratings