cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Failed BT Fibre Install - No Fibre to the Poles!

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. MY full fibre was scheduled for installation today which I was really looking forward to however, the engineer said that the fibre hadn't been pulled up the pole in preparation for install. He checked the rest of the street and rather worryingly, most of the other poles aren't done either. He also checked a UG hub of some kind that was close to me which servers other houses. There is rope in there but again, no fibre pulled. The houses in question definitely have full fibre available to order because I checked.

I am not sure how to complain about this specifically. The engineer only told me that it has gone back to planning, but is unable to provide an ETA. How long is this going to take to solve? I am extremely disappointed that this has happened.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Failed BT Fibre Install - No Fibre to the Poles!

this is an openreach problem that fibre still not available to you.  you can try contacting openreach

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

I'm a bit confused why I should contact OR directly? Yes, OR are responsible for the fibre, buy my provider is BT, therefore surely it would make sense for BT to liaise with them rather than me contact them directly.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

BT will not be able to tell you when openreach will update the FTTP on your poles but up to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

The point here is that the fibre cables *should be installed, because it's available to order for the entire street. Clearly there's still some work that needs done by OR to correct this. My point is, it should be BT going to OR. Not me. This is very much a complaint and not a "when am I getting fibre" question.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

It is the case that BT as your ISP are your point of contact and they should keep you advised , but it’s also the case that it would have been an Openreach tech that called and it’s Openreach that need to ‘install’ the network that is presumably booked off as already being installed but the reality is that it isn’t.

You obviously would be having the same issues if you had ordered with a different ISP , hopefully  there will be a mechanism for this situation ( lineplant that is recorded as being installed , but isn’t )  being prioritised and is installed soon, you would imagine if an ISP’s customer is now waiting after being given a date that has passed , they will act upon that quickly.

As far as why this has happened, again it’s not really BT ‘fault’ if an OR network job was booked off as being completed , leading to orders being taken, but BT will need to advise you of any new date, OR  may not  talk to you directly anyway.

Message 7 of 19

Thank you for that. Yeah, I suspect OR won't talk to me either. I just hope they fast track this so that it is properly fixed rather than being put back in a queue and potentially waiting many months.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Someone’s clearly fudged up and Signed Off the PON as being Commissioned and ready to accept Orders.

They’ll have to cancel your Order and put the PON back into Build Phase. It could still be weeks if not months before it’s even ready to start accepting Orders.

Message 9 of 19

Yes, I fear you are correct. I contacted BT earlier today and they said that I probably won't even get any kind of update until at least the end of the month. Surely there must be some way they can log s complaint with OR on my behalf? It's just extremely sloppy to allow something like this to happen, especially when it is still available for the whole area to order.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Not sure what you are expecting to achieve. A mistake was made by Openreach in advising BT that a scheme was ready for orders when it wasn't. The scheme will be completed when it was originally intended to be, nothing will change that because of a mistake in communication.

You are no worse off than you were before, just unfortunately disappointed.

0 Ratings