cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Failed to upgrade

Go to solution

@Bermowrote:

Full fibre 900 halo 3+ and showing complete. 

im doing a fast.com speed test from a iPhone 11 over wifi and it’s coming back at approx 500 download

if I go via the BT app I get the following … 

CDC46591-87B4-4DFC-93B7-3CBC40075D56.jpeg

Emmm speed to hub is 929 so you are on 900, check with ethernet as advised previously as it could be wireless/device issues

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

500Mb over WiFi is about right. I wouldn't expect any more. A wired connection will give you full speeds but in no way will a wireless one.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Bermo,

I missed the posts with your screen shot. I agree with what @pippincp and @garybs29 has said.

Your package speed has increased to 900 Mbps as this is what you Hub is getting over the network. If you're only using a wireless device to test your speed, you never going to achieve anything close to the maximum your line can support.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for everyone’s input, unfortunately I cannot test over Ethernet as I only have a iPad Pro which I use over wifi, after a little my research it appears that 500mbps is about the maximum I’ll get over wifi with the SH2, if wanting more from the 900 package I’d have to go down the wired Ethernet route or a pricey new router. 

Can a Mod still look at my upload speed it’s currently sat at 76mbps and looks as thou it should be 110

thanks 😊

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Bermo,

Thank you for posting back. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at the upload speeds.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

upload speed now at 110. Thanks to the Mods for helping and the callback. 

Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me this morning @Bermo.

I'm happy that your upload speed has increased.

Take care and I hope you have a great Bank Holiday weekend 🙂

DanielS

0 Ratings