cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Faster upload speeds

Hi all.

At the moment it's only BT offering FTTP down our road at 900 down 100 up.  I've signed up and we have an install date, but does anyone know if there is a way of getting a higher upload speed?

I work in TV and regularly need to upload large amounts of material (between 200 - 400GB is common) so whilst 100 will be better than the 36mbps we currently have I'd love to see if we can get 500 or up.

Or should I wait till other companies start offering an asynchronous service?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Faster upload speeds

@mjsanders4000 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You may find a BT Business product more suitable for your needs, as the residential service is not intended for commercial use, and is in fact not allowed.

https://business.bt.com/

You can get a dedicated connection which is not shared by 31 other users.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that, hadn't realised it was solely for personal use - I wonder how they police it, what does it mean for people working from home on Zoom calls all day?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I think BT accept the fact that people have to work from home on behalf of their employer, that would not be the same as running a business from home.

Some employers actually provide a business grade connection for employees that are home based. This is to ensure a much better SLA than they would normally get. They can also claim for loss of business.

If you are employed by a media company, it would seem more sensible if they provided a dedicated Point To Point Ethernet connection delivered over optical fibre, typically up to 10Gb. BTnet deal with those sorts of speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I'm actually freelance.  My clients sometimes need me to send material via transfer sites maybe two or three times a month.  So I'm not running an internet based business as such - which I guess is what they are trying to avoid.

I'll speak to BT tomorrow.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

So basically you are self employed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Well technically I'm employed by a company which I happen to own but yeah.

0 Ratings